How CRM data integration and automation drives user adoption
Resistance to change can manifest itself in many ways. One of the most widely heard objections is the input of customer data for no perceived value. Automation of data input and targeted views into this data reverse this motivation and help with buy-in at all levels of your organisation.
Process Automation – The goals of process automation is eliminating manual, time-consuming and costly tasks within an organisation, and increasing assurance over the timely and accurate completion of processes and their data. Automation of manual work increases efficiency and improves productivity, reducing overall operational costs; but better data also drives better customer insights and business decisions.
Sugar CRM’s process automation toolsets are designed to automate your customer-facing processes, for example, automatically creating Support Cases from Inbound Emails Sugar can be configured to monitor group email accounts and then perform a corresponding action, i.e. emails sent to a monitored group mail account will be automatically converted into a Sugar case record.
Automate data input from other sources – don’t leave your CRM application sitting on its own, as this will limit its effectiveness in providing a holistic view of your customers.
The goal should be for your CRM to be a single source of the important information concerning your customers. Therefore, integrate your CRM with other application is a must. For example:
- Email and call information –TrustSphere relationship analytics for Sugar provides summary information on who within each organisation is in emailing contact, so that you can easily add new contacts, and leverage existing relationships for new discussions
- Business network integration – Sugar’s new “Hint” relationship intelligence tool lets you see up-to-date internet-sourced business information about customers and prospects
- Email integration – Sugar’s plug-ins let you capture copies of important emails inside the CRM, attached to your contacts and opportunities – so that everyone else can stay in the loop
- Financial Information – Integrate your accounting system to provide your team with financial information of the actual customer spend, or unpaid invoices, not just what they’ve recorded in the CRM.
- Other applications – There is a variety of more example of how other applications can improve your overall l picture of your customers, and they are all specific to the type of business you are.
Have a look at the Essential CRM tools to improve staff productivity.
Visualisation and Reporting – It is important to make that data and information easily accessible from your CRM. A great way to achieve this is through the use of dashboards. With one glance, a dashboard offers an array of very useful and important business insights, consolidating and displaying the current status of metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for your department or specific business process.
Sugar’s Activity Feeds give you one place to get a quick update on recent activity on an account or an opportunity.
Useful and relevant Reports are necessary for all organisations to gather important insights of their business performance. Another great way to get more value is utilising Sugar Filters. Filers are a way to predefine searches on views that render a list of records such as list views, pop-up searches, and lookups. This will provide you with the consistency of output and increased throughput or productivity.
Automation processes and information dashboards flip the ratio of the information your team puts into your CRM versus what they get out. They break down barriers to adoption and provide valuable insight for your Sales staff, and ensure a holistic view of your customer base.
Dominik Firsow - Account Manager